Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Week of Blessings!!!

Our Family

Nash Thompson Weaver 5lbs. 10ozs. 19 inches

Our Sweet Baby Boy

JH waiting patiently on his baby brother!

Wow! Has it been a week or what???? I can't believe that I am just now getting the time to post sweet Nash on our blog!
Last Wednesday morning, I got out of bed (as usual) to get Jon Harris up from school. When I walked in his room, I thought I was "wetting" on myself. lol! It took me about 10 minutes to realize that my water had broke. I called Sarah and Bo to tell them. We all were in shock! Sarah beat Bo to our house. I thank God for her for so many reasons but I am so thankful that she was able to get there and help me with Jon Harris! She took GREAT care of him while we were in the hospital. I could not have made it with out her! - Bo got home and we finished packing and headed to the hospital.
We got there about 10ish. I checked in and had to wait in the waiting room for about a hour. When they finally called me back, I had to go in a triage room. I had to wait about 3 and 1/2 hours for a labor and delivery room to finally open. It was a mad house- the nurses said that the cold front that moved in put everyone in labor. I had no idea that the weather could play a part in labor but the nurses said it was true! They even had to call in extra staff. I finally got in a room about 2 or after. Dr. Cole said that I could finally have an epidural and pitocin when I got in my room. I got both of them about 3:00. I had a "hot spot" where my epidural didn't take. When the anesthesiologist got there to give me more medicine, 3 nurses came running in. They rolled me over on my side, threw oxygen on me, and had stuff flying everywhere. It took us until everything was okay to know that something was wrong. Nash's heart rate had dropped..... It scared me to death. It went back up (thank goodness.) I got more medicine.... just in time. I had dilated from 5 cm to 10 cm in 25 minutes. Nash's heart rate dropped because I dilated so fast. I waited for Dr. Cole to get there before I pushed. When she got there, I started pushing. I felt NOTHING- it was awesome! On the second push, all I could do was laugh because #1: I was so excited that I could not feel anything. (I felt alot with JH.) #2: Bo and the nurses were making horrible faces (guess they were trying to push for me)- they looked like they were in more pain than I was. I didn't even make it through the third push and our little Nash was out! I am so thankful that we have a healthy baby boy. He weighed 5 lbs and 10 ounces born at 4:16 p.m. He decided to arrive 3 weeks early. The nurses in the hospital called him "Small and Mighty."

No comments:

Post a Comment