Tuesday, July 19, 2011

church camp














All four of the Weaver crew got to go to church camp this summer. What a blessing! It was awesome! There was no "family time" but it was great to see Jon Harris having so much fun with new friends that he has made. Bo was a sixth grade counselor. I got to see him at meals and sometimes in between. As for me and Nash, we were in the Craft House. He stayed with me most of the time unless I was crafting with the kiddos in the afternoons. I had a BLAST! I got to know more people in my church family and made connections with a few girls in my cabin that have forever left a stamp on my heart. Nash was so funny and had fun... but the poor thing did not get much sleep which meant that I didn't get much sleep. The last night of camp, my hero mother-in-law, came to save me. Needless to say, I slept the entire last night at camp and Nash slept 12 hours at my in-law's house. I wish I had more pictures to show but I only have a couple and none of Jon Harris because I could not get him to slow down enough for pictures. Jon Harris said that it was the best week of his life!



Here were a couple of highlights of the week:






  • Watching Jon Harris making new friends



  • Jon Harris got an "Entrepreneurship Award" for selling a baked item to the person that made it. He can be very persuasive! ( He gets his saleman tactics from his Papa and Uncle Ryan)



  • Watching the children and youth that were baptized.... I got chill bumps everytime.



  • Seeing Jon Harris get on the stage in front of everyone and doing the "Robot." He is a dancing machine!



  • Going for walks with Nash in his wagon



  • Nash acting silly.... Everyone laughs when I ask him what he calls his daddy. He sticks his lips out and says "Booooouwa."



  • The Snack Shack



  • Late night craft making with the girls in our cabin



  • CRAFTS



  • Last but not least, seeing how God works in all of our lives especially all the kids and youth that were there.













1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a blast! I miss you. My favorite part of this post....Jon Harris selling the baked goods! LOL Definitely gave me a chuckle! ;)

    ReplyDelete