Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another Funny Jon Harris Story

Friday night, we went to our first Harding football game. We were so excited! We met some friends for supper and then off to the game we went. When we got there, Jon Harris immediately found some of his friends. Of course, other than checking in with me every now and then, that was the last we saw of him.

I noticed later that he and his friend (Cole) were really up to something. I decided that it would be best to go see what was going on. When I went to them, I noticed that they had about 5 or 6 water bottles. They told me that they were selling them. At first, I didn't think much about it but as I started to walk away I started thinking...where did those water bottles come from? I didn't give Jon Harris any money to buy them and I was sure Cole's mom didn't give him the money either. Then as I turned around, someone threw a bottle on the ground. I saw Jon Harris and Cole run over and grab it. I IMMEDIATELY knew where the water they were selling (and already made $4) was coming from. I went up to Jon Harris and asked him about what they were doing. In child-like innocence he said that they were "Recycling." He went on to tell me that they were finding water bottles and filling them up with water and selling them. I said "YUCK, Jon Harris!" Before I could say anything else, he said "But don't worry Mom, we are washing them out first with soap!" I was trying my best not to laugh but I figured that we should tell them to stop.

It wasn't long after we told them to stop selling the water that I saw them up to something AGAIN! They had taken the money from the water and invested it in GUM to sell.....UGH!!!!! I made Jon Harris stop but he still made a dollar. We had a very LONG talk on the way home about business and having a BUSINESS LICENSE to sell things. He told me that he was very sorry. I told him that he was not really in trouble but definitely would be if he did it again. He said, "Man mom, I REALLY thought that we had it made!" All I could do then was laugh. For now, Jon Harris will be putting the dollar he made in the offering plate at church. My dad told me not to get on to him too much because with his brain, he will be a millionaire one day. BUT for now, I just want him to be a kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment